I love this recipe because it’s quick and easy to make with very little mess. The cookies are also delicious! Even my husband, who isn’t a sugar cookie lover (yes, this strange creature does exist), likes this cookie.
- 1/2 c. butter, softened
- 1/2 c. shortening
- 1 large egg
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 tsp, vanilla
- 1 1/4 c. flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 c. additional sugar
- In mixer, cream butter, shortening, and sugar.
- When light and fluffy, beat in egg and vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking soda and baking powder in another bowl.
- Gradually add flour mixture into wet mixture.
- Shape into 1-inch balls. (I use a stainless steel cookie scoop.)
- Roll balls in additional sugar.
- Place on greased cookie sheets or parchment paper.
- Flatten balls with a glass.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.