A coworker gave me this recipe in 1991. I’ve tried other zucchini bread recipes, but this is the one I always go back to. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
- 1 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp. dried orange peel
- 1 1/2 c. flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. mace or nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp. ginger
- 1 c. finely grated zucchini
- 1/2 chopped walnuts or pecans
- Beat sugar and oil until blended.
- Add eggs and orange peel, beat until blended.
- Combine dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
- To wet ingredients, add about 1/2 of dry flour mixture and half of the chopped zucchini, mix. Then add the remaining flour mixture and a zucchini, mix until combined.
- Stir in nuts.
- Pour into greased loaf pan - 9 1/2" X 5" X 3".
- Bake in preheated 375 degree oven for 55 min or until done.
- Cool 15 minutes in pan, then remove and cool on baking rack.