My name is Stephanie. I live in Meridian, Idaho with my partner, Erik, our 3 cats and 1 geriatric Labrador. I have 2 young adult children whose education and careers have taken them far from home. I’ve started this blog to help cope with my empty nest.
A little bit more about me and Idaho Gal:
- I come from a long line of pretty good cooks. I share family recipes in the Idaho Gal Recipe Box.
- I’m an avid read and discuss what I’m reading in the Idaho Gal bookshelf.
- I’m a licensed (but due to arthritis, not currently practicing) esthetician. Skin care is a passion of mine. Look for my thoughts on skin care products, aging skin, and much more.
- As a young mom, my kids always came first. In my forties, I’m learning how to take better care of myself. This is still a work in progress for me…but a journey I hope we can take together.
- As I get closer to retirement, it’s become increasingly important to pay off debt and save, save, save. I like to share how I earn extra income so that we all can get ahead.
- I’m proud to be a 5th generation Idahoan. In Idaho Gal posts I share what I love so much about the people and place I call home – Idaho.
- Finally, I love to travel. I’ve traveled ‘round the world, but find the greatest joys close to home. I hope you enjoy my Idaho travel guides!
Thanks for your interest! Please feel free to contact me if you have questions or comment on my posts.